Thursday, August 02, 2007

Green Pepper Press Crusade


This is my first time participating the the GPP crusades and I must say, I picked a perfect one join-up on. The crusade this month is about music: a subject that many of you know is my very heart. I guess that happens when you go to school for the majority of your adult life studying music. I had a hard time picking what to put-up for my choice, since I am one of those people who believes that good music knows no real categorical boundaries. If it's good, I really don't care what people call it. But I decided on Tori Amos for a couple of reasons--1. She's a pianist like me and 2. For the last thirteen years of my life, her music has been what I come back to when I need to be made whole again.
I picked her song "Tear in your hand" because it is the first song of hers I ever heard. I can still see myself sitting in my dorm room Sophomore year listening to it with my friend Beth, feeling like all the lights inside of me had suddenly been switched on. The moment I heard her sing, "I think there are pieces of me you've never seen/maybe she's just pieces of me you've never seen/" I was sold.
I can only hope that you love her music as much as I do.

11 comments:

michelle ward said...

bianca - what a lovely introduction to you. a little history, a special song, and learning you studied music. very pretty song. thanks for joining the crusade and sharing about yourself with the team.

Anonymous said...

have some of her cds, she's very cool! never actually seen the video.

sheetal patel said...

what a great song!

Dymphie said...

Love this song! Just as I read the part of the lyrics you quoted, she was singing that part. How cool is that...

x said...

Oh great video, like her music a lot. ;-)

Dori Melton said...

I feel the same way about Tori. So glad she is making her art!

Anonymous said...

Tori does have a special way of turning on all the lights inside one's heart. I wore out a copy of Little Earthquakes because I listened to it so many time. You have great tastes in music!

Sarah said...

good choice

I haven't heard any Tori Amos in years, she does get you right there, doesn't she.

and that line sounds like the sort of thing I think but never dare say :)

Janine Davies said...

This a a great song! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love this video, love Tori Amos!
thanks for posting.
shirley

Anonymous said...

Awesome song...awesome artist.