Saturday, September 29, 2007

Crush

The theme for this week's challenge over on the GPP site is crushes and I have to confess that as soon as I saw the posting, I knew what I wanted to do. (I just couldn't quite get off my lazy duff and post it. ugh)
So here it is, the object of my affection:


Yep, pens. This photo is of what I think of as my "bare necessity" pens collection. It's the collection of pens that have to be on my work table, at all times while I'm working because I honestly cannot create without them. I know it doesn't look very impressive in the photo, but there are actually 36 pens in the photo, I just piled them on top of each other. And then I have my shapries and my Bic permanent pens and my good brush pens and a of box of experimental gel-pens...you get the idea. I love pens. My current passion is the Sakura gel pen which never clogs up and will write on any surface. I cannot see these in the store without buying them. I keep them EVERYWHERE: in my purse, on my bedside table, I even found one in the bathroom the other day (I think I'd stuck in my ponytail and forgot to take it out until I hopped in the shower.)
For as long as I can remember I've been obsessed with pens. How the ink flows, the color, the way it looks. To me, there is nothing worse than one of those plain-blue bic pens with it's pedestrian design and shoddy ink flow. Ugh.
So that's my crush. Silly as it may be to crush on an inanimate object. Oh well, we all have our quirks. At least I haven't gotten so nuts as to start naming them....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bianca - terrific choice for a crush, pens! you are so right - how they write and how they feel is so important to our artful process. my favorite are elmers paint pens. white rocks! hard to come by but they write over spray paint! thanks for sharing with the team!

Jodi Peary said...

I can totally relate. I carry a bag of sharpies etc....in my purse all the time and feel like I have left without my licence or atm card when I forget them... when the ink and color flow, i can allow many other things to slide....thanks for letting me know I am not alone on this one..
jodi
wildvines.blogspot.com

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

Belinda, what a cool crush! I love pens, too, and can't resist buying unusual pens. I'll have to look for the Sakura gel pens you mentioned.