Sunday, February 04, 2007

InkJet Transfers



So this weekend I've been playing with ink jet transfers onto cloth and I finally got one to work. Although, I think I wound up doing the wrong technique. I was trying to print onto matte photo paper, and then transfer using gel medium, but the paper stuck and i had to peel it off, a bit like doing a toner get medium transfer. But at least I got it to work. I am going to keep messing and see if i can get something better to work, but in the meantime here is a pic of what I've got. :)
My husband says that he can see a little person standing between the two pillars. Personally, I don't see it, but he insisted that it put this in the post to see if anyone else can see the little person. So if you see it, let me know, it would make him very happy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the little person is the first thing i noticed!

Sue said...

I can see a little person with a hat on!!

laksmiwg said...

Yes, I can see a little girl. I am not sure whether she is wearing the hat or whether she is holding it.

Anonymous said...

I can see the little person with the hat,too.

Doing an inkjet transfer with matte photo paper and (I use) soft gel matte isn´t different from doing toner copy transfers. In both cases
you have to peel and rub the paper off. the photo matte by jetprint is quite a thick paper so you can peel off most of it depending on how long you let it sit on the receiving surface. what is left then can be rubbed off. I find the soft gel transfer much more resistant to rubbing than the matte gel I use with toner copies or magazine clips. I like your result :-)

Anonymous said...

I first saw a profile of a face in the large dark area, see the big nose, lips and eye? (the right side of a face). and then I saw a little girl with hat face bent down.

Anonymous said...

yes, I see a little person with their head tipped down...so that I see the top of the hat. It's the first thing I recognized in the photo :o)