Friday, February 16, 2007

Monthly Challenge+ATC

So I belong to a yahoo altered books group and every month there is a challenge to try out new techniques. This month it was to use fun foam. I cut out the shape, heated it with a heat gun and then while it was still hot, I stamped into it with an alphabet stamp. When it was cool I painted it, rubbed some glitter and a little bit of brown ink onto it, to give it some dimension. I really don't know how I'm going to use it in a spread yet--but I'm sure it'll be one of those things that sits on my table and then one day I see the perfect use for it.

This is an atc I made messing around with UTEE. I've never really used it before--but after seeing how many different uses it has, I'm kind of excited to start playing with it. I painted a pink background, stamped and embossed UTEE, and then washed black paint over it. The guy in the middle is from a Lost Cost Design stamp and the text and paper is from an organic chemistry text book.

No comments: