Thursday, March 08, 2007

Days of the ostrich


I was in a bit of a mood last night and when I turned the page in my art journal to start a new spread I found this quote by Robert Lewis Stevenson, "The world is full of such beautiful things..." and I just thought "not today, it's not!" So, using the quote as my jumping off point I created this little spread. I cut out the shape of me sticking my head in the sand from a stamp that I'd rolled onto a piece of green cardstock. The stamp is by stampland and I believe is called "lotus flowers." Then I masked the page off so that the quote would show and went to town with the spray paint. Even though I was feeling grouchy, I wanted a softer feel to the page, to emulate the sand, and to make my statement feel mater of fact instead of a whine. Once the paint was dry, I drew and colored in some shoes, cut the holes with an exacto, attached the figure, and stamped the text.

No comments: