Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A guaranteed pick-me-up

I've discovered a new guaranteed pick-me-up: seeing small children make music. I went today to hear one of my students preform at a school function. There were 20 kids in all and I have to say my favorite (other than my student) was a young girl who sang "Free to be you and me" and was about 3 tones off of the pitch the entire time. It was glorious. There is something magical about children, before they know that maybe they are making a fool of themselves. If a young girl in pigtails singing way off key doesn't make you smile then I don't know what will.

Here are a couple of ATCs that I made. The first one I did using a collage image from my friend Kris. The background is Twinkling H2Os.

These next two I did as part of a swap. They are a sort of modified serendipity square. You color a blank piece of card stock with three different colors of stamp ink. Then you stamp using one of the colors with a text stamp and a swirl or background stamp as well. Then trim down, and stamp with a larger stamp. Trim down and then mount onto a coordinating piece of card stock.

1 comment:

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

TOO cute Bianca! I especially like the first one ;).