Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snowed In!

Like many of you out there, Indiana got a ton of snow last night. Pretty much everything is closed down today. My hubby stayed home, (even though Marian is the only College in the area that held classes today, but from the looks of things none of the other faculty members made it in today either...) so we've been enjoying a lazy day.
Here is a picture of our street, it's kind of hard to tell how much snow we really got...

Here is a picture of our walkway. Before we cleaned it off, I sunk up to the tops of my mid-shin boots. That's a lot of snow!

Here is a photo of a little mini-canvas that I did for my friend Kristin as a thank you for being fabulous. I have to say, I count myself as truly blessed to have her for a friend. She is always so supportive of me and a lot of fun to be with. I made this using beeswax, an image from her collage sheets, and UTEE for the crown.

I liked it so much, I decided to teach it as a class for the upcoming Heirloom Festival. I'll post the class descriptions and times when I have them.
In the meantime--enjoy the day. I'm off to make some hot cocoa and work in my studio.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate snow.

Creations From The Soul said...

I love your mini canvases! What great ideas! So Cute! I have and love many Of Kristin's collages especially the german dollies, I love the adorable mini house canvas art too, really great. I made some ornaments over christmas and used the german dollies in one of them and I just loved it so much I keep it out now, so I can get ideas. You can check it out at my blogspot.
Thanks for the inspiration! Michele :)

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Aww shucks you are so sweet!!!
The snow, however, is NOT! I have to work tomorrow thanks to the snow and other therapists not being about to make it in! I would have much preferred another weekend-o-Bianca! I just posted your necklaces on my blog. You seem to be the star on there these days. Stay warm!
xoxo,
Kristin
Ahem with an I ;)