Monday, February 26, 2007

Altered Cabinet Card


I made this altered cabinet card as a gift for a friend of mine who just finished her doctoral exams. A long and grueling process that took a total 11 years of schooling to happen. I masked off the image and then layed down a few washes of acrylics. Once they were dry I stamped a bunch of alphabet stamps for the background. I then glued down some scraps for text and then put a few more acrylic glazes on it. I finished up by overstamping with some twinkling h2os and a text stamp with brown ink. Unfortunately, my scan doesn't really do the twinkling stamps justice. I removed the mask, painted the halo, and gave her a crown. The stars were made out of metal repair tape that I stained with alcohol inks to give it that bright pink and yellow color, and then punched out the shapes using a hand punch.
This is actually going in a shadow box assemblage. I will try to take a picture of the finished product and post it when I'm done.

No comments: