Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Some peeled paint ATCs


I made these two little ATCs using a peeled paint UTEE resist technique from Bernie Berlin's book "Artist Trading Card Workshop." I painted a layer of acrylic let it dry, stamped and embossed the UTEE, and then coated it with a contrasting color. When it was dry I took my craft iron and a piece of scrap paper and ironed the surface. The heat heats up the UTEE and lifts the paint off creating a peeling resist.
Both of the stamped images were done onto transparency sheets. The pink faerie didn't show up as well on the scan--I think because I used a metallic ink and my scanner doesn't pick up metallic very well. For the purple image I layered it onto a vintage piece of french text that had been painted with twinkling h2os. For the little girl, I layered her onto brown cardstock that had been stamped with text.
The girl is a stamp from lost-cost designs. The winged woman is from paper-artsy.

No comments: