Monday, March 19, 2007

Some ACTS

There is a local group here in Indianapolis that just started up--we meet once a month to swap ATCs and talk art. I've been trying to make up some cards to have to take the the meeting this weekend. If you live in the Indianapolis area and would like to come send me an email (click the contact me button to the right) and I'll give you the specifics.

This first one I did mainly by stamping two different stamps direct onto paper. First the diamonds, and then when it was dry, the text. The wings are also a stamp that I embossed using clear embossing powder and some pearl-ex powders.

The scan for this atc really doesn't do the background Justice. I used the same diamond stamp, but inked a Latin text and stamped it direct to the diamond stamp. Which is why the text only shows on the diamonds. The text is a rub-on by making memories. Oh, and the Russian text, is actually Shakespeare.

This last card is my favorite. And once again, I don't think that my scanner really did the background justice. I embossed little tiny stars with pear-ex powder and clear embossing powder. I stamped the birds and using some brown and blue stamp inks tinted the paper. I did the same for the flower and for the edges of the card itself. The word tweet is from my trusty label maker.

No comments: