Thursday, March 15, 2007

Some Modest Mouse


I have been really bad about posting this week. Sigh. But in my defense the weather here warmed up and the last of the snow finally melted. So all I wanted to do was be outside. Anyway, here is one of my creations from this week. I used a promotional sticker I picked up at Luna Music (Indianapolis' best independent record store) for the new Modest Mouse album. It fit perfectly, because when I turned the page in my art journal the subject was condolence letters. I masked off that title and layered some spray painting. (I tried to mask it to form an arrow, but it turned out a little wonky. oh well.) The dots are another Heidi Swapp mask. Then I stamped my little skeletons. It's actually one huge stamp from stamp camp. I am in love with that stamp because I collect things with skeletons on it. It's a bizarre obsession I know. Anyway, after I assembled the page I mounted some clear transparencies using jump rings to the top. You can just see the holes at the top of the picture. They flip down to allow for journaling, but you can still see the page through it. I think I'm finally getting the hang of working in a smaller journal. :)

No comments: