Wednesday, April 25, 2007

creative fun

I am posting this really late--today was a long day for me. I was out of town for most of the morning and afternoon and then it was to teaching. But now, the house is quiet except for the sound of rain and my Philip Glass string quartet. I love this time of year. The early spring rains, which always inspire me to stay in and create.
I found this wonderful book the last time I was at Borders and if you haven't seen it--well you should! It's full of really fun ideas on making your own embellishments.
I tried a couple of her techniques, but I only have photos of the one. Here is a sheet protector collage. Basically, you put a bunch of bits into a sheet protector and then melt it using an iron to fuse it together. I am thinking about turning this into a postcard for a swap I'm participating in.


I am off to work on a friend's birthday present...Have a wonderful evening everyone and sleep tight.

1 comment:

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

I may have to pick up this book -- like I don't have enough books already! I love what you've done.