Thursday, April 12, 2007

A little India and some samples

When I was in Chicago, we went into Little India, which was a ton of fun. We were the only Anglos as far as the eye could see. Which is always a fun experience. I'm sure they wondered at us, wandering around, going into used book stores, looking at Bollywood videos and trying to figure out some of the strange food-stuff for sale. We went into a Sari store and ogled all the beautiful fabric. I wound up buying these traditional bracelets. In the store they were a feast for the eyes, in every color imaginable, hanging on long wooden dowels, looking like long arms bejeweled with sparkles. I wanted to take a photograph, but they had very clearly marked "No Photos" signs up, so we'll have to make do with this little one of the bracelets I bought.

Here are a couple more samples that I've been working on as part of my design team work for Wishful thinking. The first two use a stamp called Geisha Collage by Invoke arts. The last one uses a stamp by Stampington and Company called Lotus.


No comments: