Wednesday, April 11, 2007

RA-RA-SISK-OM-BAH!


So my journal prompt (that I've been talking about for a few weeks now here) for this week was titled "An accurate Reflection." It was about doing a self-portrait that reflected your inner state more than what you really look like. So, I drew this. It's an image of me as a cheerleader. Mostly, because I've been feeling like everyone in my life is unhappy and I wind up being their cheering squad. And when I sketched this out, I was feeling fed-up with my role. Hence, the cheesy smile and horns. I accidentally cut off my one foot while I was trimming this down, which irritated me in the moment, but now I find it incredibly funny.
The background of this was done with spray paint. You can see I wrote my cheers in all around my portrait, to finish it off.

No comments: