Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Working in Sections.

So I've been working with the art journal prompts that I mentioned here, and the prompt for this week was working with lines. The prompt was to draw lines, or create lines to divide up the space in your art journal. Well I started working and came up with this:
Obviously, there are no lines, but I did wind-up dividing the page really differently than I usually do. I started out working with masks to create the boxes and then layered spray-paint. When I was done, I discovered that both pages had three distinct sections, so when I wrote, I used the three narrow sections, and multiple colors of ink. I really like the way that the division of the sections allowed me division of different thoughts. I am off on my trip, so I will be back in a few days with some photographs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bianca, i really like this spread and like you i like the divisions of it.