Thursday, May 03, 2007

How to Cure a bad day.

So yesterday was one of those days. You know those days when even the smallest thing feels completely overwhelming. Where you want to change the channel on the tv, but the remote is on the other side of the room and getting up to get it seems like too much work so you wind up watching strange women selling hair on the home shopping network.
Well, after feeling that way for the majority of the day I roused myself and instituted my 8 step plan to feeling better. I promise you, this works like nothing else.
So here it is:
1. Cry
2. Clean something. (Now let me say, I hate to clean. I really do. But there is something therapeutic about scrubbing away.)
3. Cry again. (let's be honest here, the cleaning thing can only take you so far.)
4. Have a glass of wine.
5. Watch a really bad movie on lifetime and reflect how much better your life is because you are not: suffering from amnesia or being haunted or married to a man who likes to push people down the stairs or trying to make it to the olympics or being stalked by some menacing looking man with a limp and a lisp.
6. Put on some good music and paint.
7. Write in your journal.
8. Have another glass of wine and call it a day.

Here is the page that I created as part of step 6 and 7.

2 comments:

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

I just love you steps B!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved these steps and sent the link to my sisters, my bookclub and my homeschooling group. You are funny and sharp and I enjoyed your altered book/journal layouts and the quotes on your homepage, as well. (I linked to your page after your post about Indiana art, on the altered books group, because I grew up in Indiana.) Have a lovely day. Or if you're already having a bad day, follow those steps - they sound good to me! Off to have a glass of wine...
http://themovingfingerpaints.blogspot.com