Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Inspirational Reading

I thought tonight I 'd put up some books that I've been reading for art inspiration.
The First is Collage Unleashed. This has got some amazing techniques and Traci's hand-drawn sketches are enough to inspire me to try my hand at doodling again.
The next is the Creative Liscence by Danny Greggory. While I am not a draw everything girl, I do find his attitude and approach to be inspiring. I agree with his underlying philosophy that you have to make art every day and learn to quiet that inner critic.
For you altered book fans here is a new little collection of books all house shaped. This book is a bounty of lovely images that are sure to get your creative mojo going. I keep thinking about Mike's set of wood shaped house books over at Coffee Break Designs. I think there's a house shaped book in my future.

Lastly, is the Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson. I've always loved poetry, but my love affair with Emily was something that came about in my adulthood. I read her when I was younger and thought "ehhh." But then a few years ago I found a poem by her and fell head over heels for her. There is something about her words that just work for inspiring me. You should try reading her sometime and if you do, be sure to let me know which of her poems you love!
I'll be back with more art tomorrow.

No comments: