Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Back

I've been gone for a while--obviously. My computer needed repair and had to be shipped in and then fixed and shipped back. The whole thing took a bit of doing. It's funny how used to having a computer I've become. I had to keep reminding myself that 10 years ago I went without internet access and lived without constantly updating my ipod. Sigh. It was still difficult.
But in the absence of my computer I got my druthers together and started re-organizing my studio. I have to say, I was inspired by looking at so many other artist's lovely, organized spaces online. I had a good firm conversation with myself about the tornado ravaged mess of a studio and told myself in no uncertain terms that all that "stuff" languishing in boxes needed to be sorted through, labeled and organized. I am almost done. It's a big project--I'm even going so far as to sort all my little bits and pieces (like game pieces, buttons and beads) into containers with labels on them. When I'm done, I will post pictures here so everyone can see the results.
In the mean time, I did make this necklace and thank you card for my lovely Aunt Marie, who must have ESP, because she sent me a new paper trimmer RIGHT AFTER my old one broke. The images on both the card and the necklace are by Retro Cafe Art Gallery.

1 comment:

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

I love your pendant! That's awesome! I was going to do the crusade where you make your own art box but time got away from me, think I'll make one anyway! Marva