Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sew Charming

Sometimes life just comes together in the right way. IAA is having a charm swap this weekend and I spent some time the last 2 weeks coming up with a fabric design for a charm. (I'll post pics of them tomorrow, hopefully.) And then I read on PaperArtsy's site about this contest they're having and everything just fell into place. Why not make charms? So I made this bracelet.
Some of the charms are shrink-plastic and the rest are made out of a fabric called duck-cloth. I cut it in strips and then stitched it together--stuffing it slightly and then attached the charm via a eyelet. I have to say, that my crop-a-dile was perfect for punching the holes in the fabric. When they were done I used a little fray-check on the sides.

All the stamps are, of course, paperartsy.

No comments: