Thursday, June 19, 2008

Some New Work

The last couple of days I've been working on some new jewelry pieces. I wanted to make a necklace for my friend Sarah who is spending th summer doing research in NY. I made this for her:

The bottom charm is actually a shrink-plastic charm made out of a ticket stamp. I glued the word onto it once it was cool and then embossed clear embossing powder on top to seal it in.

Here is a picture of the package all wrapped up and ready to go to her:
This next piece I did as part of my design team work for Retro Cafe Art Gallery. The girl is from her "Lucy" set and the mini-shrine is something she carries in her altered art supplies. I filled it with UTEE and heated it to seal in the tiny-heart. I then inked it with alcohol inks in purple and silver.
For both of the necklaces, the acrylic squares are fragments by Tim Holtz. I drilled holes in them to turn them into charms.

No comments: