Monday, July 28, 2008

Altered Bird House

Here are some photos of the first of the altered bird houses I did for the swap at the IAA. I used acrylic paint and paper, along with permanent ink. I stamped the swirls using acrylic paint and clear stamps. It was a little tricky because of the shape of the house, so I actually had to stamp with them without a block.
The roof tiles are paper that I punched out using a 1 inch punch and inked the edges of.
The butterflies are all made out of shrink-plastic. I used white shrink-plastic, stamped with Stazon black ink, and then after it was shrunk, I inked over the surface using chalk ink and embossed. The black comes right through and the color gives it a little added dimension.

Tomorrow I will try to get my photos of my other ones up.

No comments: