Sunday, July 27, 2008

Photos of India

I know I've been really quiet this week. But I had a nasty stomach bug that just wouldn't quit. I'm finally feeling better and getting back to my work, and I'm hoping that I'll have some new stuff to put up tomorrow.
In the mean-time, I have these 2 lovely images of India. My mother traveled there two years ago and took a ton of photos. She wanted to print some out and frame them, but she wanted them to have a more fine-art quality. I used photoshop to alter them and I have to say, I'm happy with the result. I did 5 in all, but these 2 are my favorites.

I used the magnetic lasso to highlight the woman, then inverse selected and converted the color profile to black and white. I also turned up the contrast a bit to give it a bit more punch.

I used the same process as above on this one, except instead of sharpening the photo, I used a blur on the area surrounding the elephants to give them more focus.

I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend!

No comments: