Thursday, August 07, 2008


I had so much fun working on my altered bird houses for the swap that I decided to do another one. I was in the mood for Halloween so I made a "haunted" bird house. For the roof I used tyvek, which I painted with black and copper paint, and then heated it with a heat-gun. Once it was cool, I cut it into strips and glued it to the roof. I finished it off with some copper tape on the top. It was a massive pain to glue it down--and I wondered what I was thinking while I was doing it--but in the end I think it turned out great.

Here is a close-up shot of the baby fairy-witch that is sitting on the side of the house. You can see the green metal stars that I hung using some black fibers.

No comments: