Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Alpha-Jumble



One of the things that I have really been struggling with is the size of my current art journal. It's a lot smaller than my old one--and it's forced me to reevaluate how I attach my photos and drawings. In my old journal there was plenty of room for my embellishments and my writing, but in this one I find myself faced with the same problem over and over again--not enough space to write. After two weeks of messing with it, I have to confess, I was ready to abandon this book and head back to half-price to find something a better size. But I must have some hidden anal-retentive streak (shudder) because I found that I hated the discontinuity of starting a new book and leaving the old one unfinished. So I have been trying to adjust how I attach things, so that they are movable and allow for the maximum of journaling, hence the paperclip.
Anyway, long rambling aside, this page was created using a bunch of layered acrylics, some stencils, and some colorbox chalk inks for stamping. The $500 queen was made using the magazine technique I talked about a few days ago. I think my favorite part of this whole spread is the little bit of text at the bottom of her chin that reads "you have stolen my heart."

No comments: